Get Answers to Frequently Asked Questions Here
If you have questions that are not answered here, please call or text at 253-254-6696, or use the feedback form below.
Your First Appointment
- New Client Appointments are typically scheduled face to face, or over the phone. This allows for a more thorough and efficient exchange of information to find the best options for your situation. After your first session, further appointments, as well as any questions or concerns can be handled by phone, text, or email.
- We do put a Credit or Debit Card on file when you schedule your appointment, just like reserving a hotel room or rental car
- New Client Intake paperwork needs to be turned in at least 24 hours prior to your appointment. This allows ample time to customize the safest and most effective treatment for you. It also makes sure that we don’t spend your massage time going over paperwork.
- Please arrive 10 – 15 minutes early for your appointment. The start time for your appointment is when we would like to have you on the table. Unlike many other places, when you schedule an hour (or any other session length) with South Sound Sports Massage, you get that full hour of treatment, not 50 minutes and rush you out the door to start the next person.
- What to Wear / Do I have to take my clothes off? This is a very common question for first timers. The answer is: It depends. If you are coming in for Structural Integration, Active Isolated Stretching, Zen Bodytherapy, or Triggerpoint work, it is best to wear Athletic Attire. Gym Shorts for men, and Shorts and a Sports Bra or Tank Top for women. If you are coming in for a relaxation or Swedish massage, or a hybrid massage with a little treatment work along with your stress relief, That is easier accomplished with you undressed under the sheet. You will be properly and discreetly draped at all times. We only uncover the area we are working on at the time.
Cancellations / Rescheduling / Late Arrivals
- It is common courtesy, and in your agreement when you sign your intake form, to give no less than 24 hours notice for cancellations or rescheduling. Cancellations/rescheduling for any reason, within 24 hours of your appointment, are subject to a $35 cancellation fee, or 50% of the full cost of your session, whichever is greater. If we can re-book your vacancy with another client, you will not be charged.
- Cancellations/rescheduling with less than 3 hours notice are treated the same as no-shows (missed appointments with no notice), and are charged at the full session rate.
- No show, no notice: if you simply do not show up for any reason, with no notice, we will charge your card on file for the session.
- If you arrive late, your session may be shortened in order to accommodate others whose appointments follow yours. Depending upon how late you arrive, We will determine if there is enough time remaining to start a treatment. Regardless of the length of the treatment actually given, you will be responsible for the full session price.